Followers

Tuesday 24 February 2015

Science of Beauty - Inspired by Da Vinci - Bee Crafty Stamps DT

Hiya and welcome to my Tuesday post for Bee Crafty Stamps

I have been getting messy with some of my Inspired by Da Vinci stamps I brought with my pocket money a few weeks ago - I have a Need! list of  new stamps for Payday im a bit addicted 


For this card I have used....



Distress Ink Pads - Victorian Velvet, Tea Dye & Walnut Stain

White Pearlescent Cardstock

Watercolour Card

Pearlescent Textured Paper

6x6 Scallop Card Blank

Circular Frame Die

Waterbrush & Blending Tool

Paper Flowers - Cherry Blossom & Roses

Gems


I stamped Science of Beauty off-centred onto a trimmed piece of watercolour card using Memento Ink 'Rich Cocoa' then stamped again onto eclipse masking tape and cut around to form a mask which I fixed over the stamped image on the card. I then inked up the Da Vinci Script using Tye Dye distress ink and stamped twice over the edge of the mask to create a script background. I inked up the Cow Parsley and stamped around the edges of the card filling in all the gaps and stamping in various directions. I then removed the mask to reveal no script has been stamped accross her face. I used my waterbrush to wash over the background blending the 2 colours slightly. I tapped the Walnut Stain & Victorian Velvet ink pads onto my glass mat then using my waterbrush to pick up the colour I painted her hair and features of her face. I let this dry out while I prepared my paper flowers, first I trimmed off the stems then inked the edges using Walnut Stain ink and my blending tool. 

I trimmed a piece of pink pearlescent textured paper to a leave a few mm border around the watercoloured picture and fixed this to the cardblank. I inked the edges of the watercolour picture using Walnut Stain ink and my blending tool and attached this to the card front. I die cut the Circlular Frame using white pearlescent cardstock - I attached this over Science of Beauty and most of the script to frame them using a glue gun. I then arranged and fixed the flowers using the glue gun. I used the stems to create foliage in between the flowers. I finished the Card with some gems in the corners.


I hope you like my project and will visit again soon to see gorgeous makes by the Design Team Girls

Krafty Hugs xx


6 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Kerrie, so different but I do love it! I hope you are well hun.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kerrie this is a gorgeous card I love the stamps you have used so effectively. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! Fabulous details. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning, very unique! Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card; so soft, delicate and feminine. Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Kerrie, love it xx

    ReplyDelete

TCBOTB Background

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...