Followers

Wednesday 27 April 2016

Blue China Inspired - for Paperbabe Stamps

Hiya and welcome to my Blog today 

Over in the Paperbabe Shop we have New Releases as you may have seen but we also have a special offer that you may have missed the 'TREE HUGS' set is at 50% off until the next New Release and I thought I would make a cheeky card to inspire you - it really is a lovely set and while making a watercolour sky background I suddenly had a thought...the colours I was using reminded of me of the oriental blue china so I then designed the rest of the card to represent this idea


For the back ground I stamped 3 sizes of cloud from the 'High in the Sky' set twice each onto post-it notes and cut them out to create masks of the clouds. I then repeat stamped and masked using light grey ink until I cover the whole of a piece of water colour cardstock precut to a few mm smaller than a 7x7 cardblank. I then used distress inks and a water brush to water colour the colous and the sky. I only used 1 distress ink colour for this 'Stormy Sky' I just diluted to paler colours and darkened when needed with more ink - I used a blending mat as a palette.

I then left this to dry while I made the main image for the card. For this I stamped the outline tree stamps from 'Tree Hugs' set onto a smaller piece of cardstock using dark blue chalk ink. I then stamped the solid tree top and trunk stamps from the set in a pale blue chalk ink. Next I created another layer by stamping the dotty tree top stamp and the tree bark stamps from the set using a medium blue chalk ink. I stamped a few tiny leaves over the dotty part using the dark ink again. I created the scene around the tree using the hill outline, grass tufts and little birds from the set. The clouds are the larger cloud stamp from the 'High in the Sky' set. I also stamped the 'Sheltering Tree' sentiment in as part of the background. I watercoloured the clouds, sky and the hills using the distress ink again.

I waited for the backgrounds to dry, then matted them onto dark navy pearlescent cardstock and layered them up on the front of a 7x7 cardblank. I finished the card with a 'Happy Birthday' sentiment from the 'Birthday Wishes' set.

Thank You so much for visiting my Blog today - please do visit again soon to see more of my makes 

Krafty Hugs xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

TCBOTB Background

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...