Followers

Friday 15 April 2016

Paper-Piecing -Cut Bunny - Paperbabe Stamps

Hiya and Welcome to my Blog today - Other the last few days in Harlow we have been enjoying some lovely Sunshine which is a sign that spring is here! - Today though we have Rain and a lot of it but that's ok because 'April Showers, bring May Flowers' so It's all good!

Today over at Paperbabe Stamps Blog is the start of a New Challenge
the theme is Anything Goes 

We would love to see your gorgeous Makes so please do enter - the prize is Amazing

For my Design Team example I chose to use a sometimes forgotten (by me at least) technique
'Paper-Piecing' 

I love this Techinique as you can use up all your off-cuts when using stamps


I picked a pretty Floral Backing Paper which I teamed up with another piece of Backing Paper in a co-ordinating colourway. I then created a layered up background for the 6x6 cardfront adding in some Silver Mirror Board

For the Bunny I used the 'DesignA Adorimals' set and the 'Kawaii Faces' set. I stamped her first onto a pre trimmed pice of stamping cardstock and then stamped her again in separate pieces onto the offcut of Floral backing paper saved from when creating the cardfront. I cut out all the patterned paper pieces using scissors and a craft knife.

I decided to stamp the 'Ribbed Background' stamp but to keep the bunny clear of the stamped texture I stamped the bunny pieces again onto post-it notes and layered them over the stamped image to mask her. I then inked up the Ribbed Background using pink ink and stamped it over the whole image, when I removed the post-it notes the Bunny was still white. I then fixed the patterened paper pieces onto the Bunny using glue-stick. I then coloured in her features

I layered up this Topper using Silver Mirror Board to tie in with the Background and fixed this topper to the cardfront using foam tape.

I stamped some Sentiments from the 'DesignA Knit' set (on Special Offer 50% off) onto offcut pieces of stamping card then cut them using a paper trimmer and layered them up using offcuts of the Floral Paper from before and Silver Mirror Board. I fixed them to the Cardfront using my Glue Gun.

I finished off the Card using rose gold paperclips and mini flat back gems.

I have made a similar card using the Paper-Piecing Technique before and I wanted to show you this one again to show how different backing papers can change the Bunny completely




Thank You so much for visiting my Blog today - I hope I have inspired you to give Paper-Piecing a try. Do please visit the Paperbabe Stamps Blog to see the Gorgeous Projects by the Amazing Design Team (there is a link to their own Blogs under each picture)

Krafty Hugs xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

TCBOTB Background

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...