Followers

Tuesday 27 January 2015

'Being Happy' - Clean & Simple - for Bee Crafty Stamps

Hiya and welcome to my Tuesday post for Bee Crafty Stamps

I am still sticking to part of my New Year's Resolutions of using up my existing stash and offcuts - this card has used a piece of Black Glossy cardstock from my A4 card stah box, a large offcut of white pearlescent cardstock (left from a box I made) and one of my favourite embossing folders

This week I have chosen to use one of favourite sentiment stamps from the Bee Crafty Shop

 

I love this sentiment and wanted to show it off in a Clean & Simple way I dont do simple often but sometimes I like to push out of my comfort zone


I have chosen a 7x7inch cardblank and turned it on its side so it opens as a tent fold. I trimmed a piece of pearlescent white cardstock to 1/8inch smaller than the cardblank by laying it over and marking with a pencil before trimming with a guilotine. I then lined up a plain circle die to the centre taped in place with some low tack masking tape and run through my die-cutting machine. For texture I then chose a simple design embossing folder, lined up the design in the corners of the die cut panel and run through my machine using the plate order for embossing folders. 

I stamped the sentiment onto an offcut of plain white cardstock smaller than the cut and embossed panel. I used a wet glue on the back of the cut&embossed panel just around the die-cut aperture hole and then looking through the hole i lined it up over the centre of the sentiment then pressed down.
To created the fancy circle border I used a fancy circular die cut from black cardstock then lined up the plain circle die to the centre and taped with low tack masking tape, I ran this through my machine and when it was cut there was a tiny border left and the fancy circular pattern. I stuck this to the circle aperture using tacky glue being careful to line it up with the edge that was already cut. 

I wrapped a black and white zigzag patterned ribbon around this panel and attached at the back with high tack tape. The bow i made using the offcut (last of the roll so i need to go shopping) which I doubled over at the back and wrapped a small piece around to create a neat bow.

I trimmed a black piece of cardstock to leave a small border around the panel which i fixed to the black cardstock using 1 mm foam tape for a bit of depth.

I added a dazzler embellishment in each corner to finish the card.

I hope you like my card today and will visit the Blog again soon for more projects by the Bee Crafty Team 

Krafty Hugs

1 comment:

  1. This is a great sentiment on a very pretty CAS card! Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete

TCBOTB Background

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...