Followers

Saturday 10 January 2015

Sketch Saturday - Barn Brat

Hiya and welcome to my Blog - so sorry this post is late - Blogger did not play nice and scheduler didnt work - I was out and hadnt realised 


Today there is a New Sketch Challenge over at Sketch Saturday Blog and this time we are sponsered by Simon Says Stamp I'm Guest Designer for January so here is my make following the Sketch for this week- please do visit the Challenge Blog as the prise is an amazing $25 to spend in their store



I picked a really cool Image by 'Slinky<3Tart' called 'Barn Brat' as soon as I saw the star in the sketch I thought of this Image and the Sentiment which I typed using 'Docrafts Digital Designer'


I have coloured her using Copic Markers

Hat: E37, E35, E31 - Star: C2, C0
Hair: R59, R39, R37, R35
Skin: E11, E21, E51, E50 Blush R02
Lips: E04. R02 - Straw: E35, E31
Eyeshadow: C4
Eyes: B45, B41
Shirt: C6, C4, C2, C0
Shorts: B39, B37, B45, B41
Belt: E37, E35
Barrel: E44, E43 - Metal: C4, C2, C6
Horsehead: E33, E31 - Nose E41, E40 - Ears: R02, YR000
Horse Tail & Mane: E49, E29, E37

Wow that was a lot of pens - I use a lot of random blends as I still only have 167 Copic Sketch Markers out of the 358 Sketch that are available so I have to be a bit creative at times but I do love to experiment and see if I can fins new blends from the pens I have - my poor neglected promarkers have barely been used this past year

I followed the sketch pretty much exact again except the edition of a sentiment and a character but you can see the sketch behind them

I used Coredinations cardstock for the background the red piece i left unembossed but I roughened it up with a nail file to show a bit of the core colour through. The blue piece I ran through an embossing machine using a dotty embossing folder then filed over the top to reveal the core colour on only the dots. I fixed both pieces to a blank piece of cardstock to hold them together so I could wrap the silver ribbon around them - I used a penny to draw around to make the invert corner rounding and cut with a sharp pair of scissors. I then matted this panel I created onto silver mirror board and then fixed to an A5 cardblank. I cut the Star using a basic die from silver mirror board. The sentiment I typed using my Docrafts Digital Designer program (that I use often for this on my laptop) I trimmed this using a guilotine and matted onto a scrap of silver mirror board.

I hope you like my card and will visit again soon

Hugs Kerrie xx
Guest Designer for Sketch Saturday

15 comments:

  1. Fab Fab Fab, great make Kerrie. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy scrummy fantastic stunning colouring and such a professional make xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning Kerrie, love the image and gorgeous colouring!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great take on the sketch and fabulous colouring

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kerry this is a gorgeous card I love the image. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Image and colouring . Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous Kerrie and I love how you coloured her! Thanks for being my guest designer again this month!

    Hugs, Vannessa x

    ReplyDelete

TCBOTB Background

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...